Job ID 804
Offered Salary 4000
Career Level others
Experience 8 Years +
Full Job Description
Role: CAD Designer
Work mode: Hybrid
Location: Waukesha, WI
Provide design, draft support and direction, within and outside the Engineering function in order to ensure the production of consistently high-quality 3D modelling and 2D orthographic drawings within the required timescales dictated by the demands of the business. Support the Mechanical & Electrical Engineers in the function and operation of the Design section.
- Create the foundation of a design from a ‘blank sheet’ to create the initial design concept and layout.
- Assist Sales and Proposals with the initial design prior to tender.
- Work with Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to develop generic design concepts and interface with CAD design tools to verify correct design detail.
- Produce 3D modelled parts using AutoCAD of all entities necessary to fully populate the design in 3D.
Develop the general arrangements included in a tender into a full suite of design deliverables including but not limited to:
- Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
- General layouts of the proposed installation (plan, elevation and isometric).
- Detailed fabrication drawings of pipe supports and equipment skids etc.
- Equipment lists for Engineers to populate.
- Relevant Clarke Energy personnel, within the Engineering and other functions, on all aspects of the Projects developing design.
- Sub-contractors to resolve design and/or implementation issues as they arise.
- Site Engineers during the installation phase of the project to support and resolve issues as necessary.
Attend site in order to undertake:
- Site surveys to fully capture all project related data.
- As-Built’ installation survey necessary to amend construction issued deliverables.
- Maintain AutoCAD functionality, fault finding and setting up of computer systems drafting function.
- Develop and maintain library of generic design of components in order to reduce repetition and design time.
- Assist and guide less experienced and Apprentice Designers, providing training and support as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining training and development for the Design section.
- Assist in meeting section key performance indicators as required by the business.
- Ensure that there is full adherence to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management policies, CDM and procedures in all work undertaken.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering strongly desired
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing and detailing piping installations within the Petrochemical and Service industries
- Experience and understanding of Clarke Energy products, processes and applications
- Associates Degree of Applied Science in Computer-Aided Design Technology, or similar
- Fully conversant with AutoCAD (2009+), AutoCAD P&ID, Autodesk Navis Review 2010
- Good IT skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word etc.).
- Knowledge of 3D solid modelling
- Certification through American Design Drafting Association a plus
To fully demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of our associates, we are requiring all U.S. based team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We believe this path forward further strengthens our workforce and the future growth and resilience of our company and community. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Clarke Energy?
Clarke Energy, a KOHLER company, is a multinational specialist in the engineering, installation and maintenance of low carbon, renewable and resilient power generation and storage systems. Applications include combined heat and power (CHP) with natural gas, biogas and landfill gas, renewable natural gas solutions, CO2 recovery systems and hybrid energy solutions including microgrids and energy storage.
In addition to the investment in your development Clarke Energy offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental , 401(k) with company matching and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .