Job ID 174
Offered Salary 4000
Career Level executive
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Full Job Description
Modine Manufacturing in Racine, WI is hiring for a CAD Designer to support our Electric Vehicle thermal management group!
What Will You Do?
You will develop specific designs using current technology to meet customer requirements in the most economical manner. You will report to a senior level Application Engineer, Application Engineering Supervisor or Application Engineering Manager.
- The Designer provides 2-D and 3-D computer modeling, drawing documentation, and advanced level design support related assigned customers design activities. Support is provided on applications using current CAD technology.
- Designer may communicate directly with the customer engineering and design team, Modine suppliers, or Modine facilities.
- In specific cases additional skills may be required including the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with a customer from a foreign country as well understand their culture.
- An associate’s degree in mechanical design or related technical discipline
- At least 1 year of mechanical design or related experience.
- Pro-E CREO experience.
- Mastery in all aspects of computer modeling and drawing documentation with additional consideration to clarity of presentation and conformance to Standard Practices and Work Instructions.
- Proficiency in change/revision annotation writing and parts chart arrangement.
- Advanced ability in use of computer applications such as text documents, Microsoft Word, Microsoft excel, Microsoft Presentation, scheduling, Bill of Materials and routings.
- Proofing ability for Quality Policy, Quality Systems Policy Manual, Standard Practices and Work Instructions. Acknowledge existence/understanding of Job Description and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Advanced ability in design activity with consideration to clearances, component function and fit, ease of manufacturing, safety, customer needs and expectations. .
- Ability to handle computer data exchanges.
- Familiarity with design requirements, tooling, manufacturing and assembly operations of multiple products to allow assignment changes with little immediate orientation.
- Operate in a team and closely with individuals. Be an active participant and instruct/lead/direct/ the activities of others.
At Modine, we are engineering a cleaner, healthier world. Building on more than 100 years of excellence in thermal management, we provide trusted systems and solutions that improve air quality and conserve natural resources. More than 13,000 employees are at work in every corner of the globe, delivering the solutions our customers need, where they need them. Our Climate Solutions and Performance Technologies segments support our purpose by improving air quality, reducing energy and water consumption, lowering harmful emissions and enabling cleaner running vehicles and environmentally-friendly refrigerants. Modine is a global company headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin (USA), with operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. For more information about Modine, visit www.modine.com.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.