Job ID 1210
Offered Salary 6000
Career Level Manager
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Full Job Description
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Community Relations Manager. The position will be located in the Melville, NY office.
Engage with the community and customer relations process, charitable donations, and corporate sponsorships, to develop and maintain strong relations with stakeholders. Promote and coordinate employee volunteering programs and opportunities to all business units. Develop, embed, and lead effective governance, reporting and coordination between business units and relevant third parties. Collaborate with internal partners to ensure the investment, volunteering, partnerships, and employee giving programs are leveraged to benefit National Grid, as well as our communities. Foster connection, drive positive sentiment, and produce authentic corporate citizenship by proactively building strategic relationships in the communities that we serve.
- Support and track activities associated with key community organizations and influencers to understand local community issues and opportunities. Deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Support the day-to-day relationship with stakeholders as directed by your regional Team.
- Attend various community and volunteer events, monitoring and reviewing work undertaken by project team to ensure appropriate use of resources and adherence to schedules.
- Identify, research, evaluate and track donations and sponsorship opportunities to make recommendations for further review by the team based upon potential alignment with corporate business objectives and the community.
- Effectively support regional corporate community giving budgets.
- Coordinate and support Hub, training, initiatives, goals.
- Responsible for executing assigned storm role (ie: Community van, dry ice etc).
- Actively represent the company in community organizations to enhance the company profile and reputation by attending meetings and participating in events outside of normal business hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
- Demonstrates a consistent approach in dealing with community stakeholders and taking personal responsibility for addressing problems and concerns.
- Knowledge of and effective use of scheduling systems encompassing multiple attendees.
- Ability to gain knowledge of community sponsorship and charitable contribution programs and manage requisite systems (Cybergrants).
- Proficiency in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
$75K – $88K a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.