Job ID 172
Offered Salary 4000
Career Level others
Experience 2 Years
Full Job Description
A healthcare revolution is taking place throughout the world, founded on the ability to create highly personalized 3D printed medical devices and patient-specific surgical simulation and direct printing of individualized implants and customized instrumentation. This revolution is not only fueled by effecting speed and cost, it is transforming and enriching lives.
3D Systems partners with surgeons, healthcare professionals, medical device manufacturers, and medical teaching staff to offer a range of precision healthcare solutions, including virtual reality simulators, 3D printed anatomical models, virtual surgical planning, patient-specific surgical guides, instrumentation and implants.
What We Are Looking For
We are currently seeking full-time entry-level Biomedical Designer in the Virtual Surgical Planning department. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing a variety of custom medical products using multiple CAD software platforms.
What You Will Do
- Utilize 3D design software to design multiple custom medical devices
- Create detailed reports and case documentation for medical devices
- Assist with build preparation for additive manufacturing machines
- Utilize database management software to manage cases
- Communicate with medical professionals, reps, etc. as needed
- Utilize problem solving skills and is adaptable to help out with special projects as needed
- Expected to learn, understand, and complete all related quality documentation
What You Will Bring
- Must have a degree in design, 3D art, engineering, or animation, or equivalent combination of educational background and work experience.
- Experience in 3D design utilizing CAD software
- Entry Level, 0-2 years of related work experience
What We Prefer
- Digital sculpture experience: ZBrush, Mudbox, Maya, 3D Modeler, Character Design, T-Spline Modeling
- Knowledge using Geomagic FreeForm and/or Magics 3D design software
- Knowledge using Adobe InDesign
- General knowledge of human anatomy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment and independently
What We Offer
- A normal 40 hour work week
- Compensation will depend on qualifications
- Bonus incentive plan with permanent employment
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time offered with permanent employment
- Company sponsored health, dental, and vision benefit plans offered with permanent employment
The Good Stuff
- Salary Range: $48,000 – $60,600 (salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate, and alignment with market data)
- In addition to a salary, this position is eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance.
- 3D Systems offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, and company-paid basic life insurance. Sick Leave, Flex (Vacation) Time, Parental Leave, and 8 holidays per year are also provided as paid time off. 3D Systems also provides a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.