Job ID 1287
Offered Salary 4000
Career Level others
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Full Job Description
Ready to take charge of your career and move it forward? Do you want to be part of a passionate, fast-paced environment focused on keeping our nation moving? Interested in a logistics career but don’t have any experience?
Meet USAT Logistics! It takes a winning team to build and maintain an industry leader. That’s where you come in! We seek vibrant, energetic self-starters to grow a career with us.
What’s in it for me?
Beyond all that you would expect from any job (medical insurance, 401(k), life insurance and more), we want to offer you more. At USAT we provide continued training and development, a growing team, and a place you can call home.
- No experience necessary – we will train you up on all you need to know
- Career development opportunities within our growing company
- A family feel and fun company culture (come show off your killer ping pong skills!)
- Strong company vision and values that provide the why behind everything we do
USAT Logistics is looking for self-motivated individuals ready to step into a fast-paced training program that will accelerate your career in the logistics industry. As a Logistics Specialist, you will enter our Broker Trainee Program which affords you the opportunity to be fully immersed into our fast-paced logistics environment to make you successful. You will collaborate with our high-energy team and learn to quickly solve problems for our customers who depend on USAT to move their truckload shipments on time. You will be introduced to our winning culture by ongoing training and mentoring to build the expertise and skills needed to be successful in all areas of our business.
The Trainee Program involves a six-month rotation in which you will perform various tactical and strategic functions within the USAT Logistics operations department. The Program’s objective is to provide you the exposure to every aspect of Logistics operation to develop the skills and drive to be awarded a role as Account Manager or Carrier Manager upon completion of the program.
The Broker Training Program will involve six months on the job development of the following accountabilities:
- Learn carrier prospecting, management, negotiations, and relations
- Learn to monitor and assess carrier portfolios, continually strengthening relationships with existing carriers, and finding and developing new carriers.
- Learn brokerage pricing techniques and tools, and market awareness and knowledge to effectively secure business while building the carrier portfolio.
- Learn to assess risk and guard against unforeseen risk to the company and recommend solutions and counsel others.
- Develop a working knowledge of a strategic carrier capacity and network.
- Learn to develop business with clients, accept/decline to negotiate pricing, rate competitiveness and assess service regularly.
- Learn to monitor and assess customer portfolio, continually strengthening relationships with existing customers, and finding and developing new customers.
- Learn to leverage brokerage pricing techniques and tools, and market awareness and knowledge to effectively secure business while building a customer portfolio.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Ability to promote a culture of trust and safety.
Working conditionsThis position will be required to work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, and, with or without reasonable accommodation is required to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time;
- Frequently operate a computer for extended periods of time and regularly operate other office productivity machines;
- Occasionally ascend/descend stairs and move up to 20 pounds of office objects;
- Frequently communicate with peers, supervisors, third parties, and other employees to exchange accurate information and answer questions;
- Occasionally attend meetings in buildings outside corporate office and at off-site locations with various internal conditions, and requiring travel in various external conditions;
- Travel domestically as necessary.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENTUSA Truck, Inc. is firmly committed to inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, and does not discriminate against applicants or employees for any reason prohibited by law or its own policies. USA Truck, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants for employment.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.