Job ID 1073
Offered Salary 4500
Career Level others
Experience 2 Years
Full Job Description
- Managing high-level professional correspondence;
- Drafting and editing written products (op-eds, articles, course cases, etc.)
- Processing reimbursements
- Assisting in preparation for business travel
- Helps coordinate Professor Allison’s faculty working groups, assisting through the entire process of inviting guest speakers, organizing travel logistics and event preparation consisting of room bookings, catering, and tracking RSVPs.
- Performs administrative duties for the HKS course taught by Professors Graham Allison, Derek Reveron (Naval War College), and David Sanger (New York Times). This includes updating the Canvas page, coordinating with Course Assistants on assignments, responding to student requests, drafting presentations, compiling course materials, and coordinating visits of high-level officials from the Department of Defense, Department of State, and the NSC.
- Manages administrative work for Senior Fellows associated with the Project:
- Drafting nomination/renewal paperwork
- Coordinating with fellows and their assistants to arrange visits to Cambridge including booking travel logistics
- Processing payment for Fellows’ visits
- Other special duties as necessary
- Processes reimbursements, honoraria, and other financial transactions for Prof. Allison and the Project; works closely with the Belfer finance office as needed.
- Maintains contact databases and filing systems.
- Acts as backup to Prof. Allison’s Executive Assistant.
- Other duties may be assigned that entail special project work.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Able to prioritize work under deadlines, the ability to be flexible and agile in high-pressure situations
- College degree in political science, international affairs, public policy, or history
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Adobe. SalesForce is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills
- Dedicated team player that shows initiative, is a self-starter and works independently
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex tasks/events with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and creatively problem-solve
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment ending one year from date of hire with a very strong possibility of renewal.
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
This is a hybrid position based on our campus in Cambridge, MA. As a campus-based institution, we place a high value on the in-person experience, cross-team collaboration, and strong community building in order to create a vibrant campus for our students, faculty, staff, and research fellows. The position is required to work in-person on campus a minimum of three days per week during the academic year. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage
Salary Range: $54,340- $85,675
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
USA – MA – Cambridge
Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership—because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Harvard Kennedy School’s mission is to improve public policy and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, free, just, and sustainably prosperous. Our teaching, research, and engagement with practitioners focus on these priorities:
- Protecting security, freedom, and human rights
- Strengthening democracy
- Advancing social justice
- Increasing economic well-being
- Enhancing sustainability
- Improving public leadership and management
You can be part of this endeavor. Explore and learn more about Harvard Kennedy School.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.