Job ID 169
Offered Salary 3600
Career Level others
The department of Steward Observatory seeks to fill the full-time position of a Research Engineering Designer/Drafting I. The selected candidate will perform duties that are routine in nature with minimal complexity or variation. Work is typically routine with decisions aligned to a set of prescribed processes/procedures, requiring little to no innovation or creativity. The selected candidate will interact mostly with immediate peers within assigned work group communicating straight forward information. Limited interaction and information exchange with other work groups may be required to perform role. Work is performed under supervision and receives detailed instructions to perform tasks. Follows priorities provided to them for performing work. Impact is focused on own job function (generalists) or specific work area (specialists).Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs.
- Creates detailed drawings, assembly drawings and makes changes to existing models and/or drawings from red lines, created by engineers and/or design/drafting supervisor. All work will be done using one of the following three cad programs: SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, and 2-D AutoCAD.
- Maintains relationships of models and drawing files in an organized fashion.
- Acquires technical data via catalogs, the internet, vendors, to create models and drawings.
- Responsible for archiving 3d models and drawings upon their completion in the appropriate archiving areas.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience may be required.
- Vocational or technical training in Drafting/Design or an Associate’s degree in Drafting/Design.