Job ID 784
Offered Salary 7000
Career Level others
Experience 5 Years
Full Job Description
USA STORE DESIGNER
Are you a forward-thinking designer who thrives on creative collaboration? Do you believe that exceptional retail experiences begin with thoughtful, user-centered design? If so, then we want to talk with you!
We are searching for a creative talent with strong project management skills to join our team as a USA Store Designer. Our shared goal is to elevate how riders experience the Specialized brand in a variety of physical spaces. In this role, you’ll be a key member of a dynamic team that is innovating bicycle retail.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Working collaboratively with internal and external partners, you’ll create design plans that push the boundaries of conventional retail while supporting seamless transactions and workflow
- For new stores and experience centers, you’ll manage design development and execution with architects and other professional partners, fostering clear communication, project efficiency, and best-in-class results that align with project goals and brand standards
- For smaller projects that don’t require a building permit, you’ll develop full design drawings for use by internal teams and contractor partners
- For all projects, you’ll drive quality results while managing project details to meet budgets and timelines; sometimes functioning as the lead project manager
- With input from Store Ops, Retail Merchandising, and the Store Environment team, you’ll create flexible fixture, workspace, and merchandise layouts that support outstanding experiences for riders and staff
- You’ll cultivate strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to contribute to a culture of productive collaboration and authentic innovation
- As part of a team that is dedicated to evolving brand engagement at retail, you’ll influence a program of ongoing development for branded physical environments
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 5-7 years of proven experience in and passion for store design, architecture, or branded environments, preferably with a focus on high-end specialty retail
- Strong proficiency in CAD with 2-D and 3-D rendering capabilities, Adobe CS; working knowledge of MS 365 and Procore, Basecamp, Confluence, or other project collaboration tools a plus
- Ability to present conceptual design ideas and developed schematic plans to encourage collaborative discussion, feedback, and alignment on vision
- Demonstrated strengths in project management with attention to timelines, budgets, task delegation, and strong oral and written communication
- Excellent time management skills, with the capacity for managing multiple projects and setting clear expectations
- A team mentality and talent for adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to travel to project sites within the USA as needed
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.